Specialised Skills and a love for bureaucracy.
It is virtually impossible for your company to employ the resources it needs to deal effectively with Injuries on Duty.
But it can outsource them.
We have over 90 years experience with claims and assessments. We have an enviable track record of assisting multitudes of injured employees – and their employers.
It is not the duty of employees at the Compensation Fund to complete your claims and submit your documents. Do not labour under that mistaken impression. As an employer, the onus is on you.
However, as a specialist outsourcing partner, we do the work your company needs to do. There will be no backwardsing and forwardsing. Things won’t drag on. Claims won’t consume your time and energy.
Nothing will be left unresolved.
- The new CompEasy system is being rolled out slowly and selectively. Clients: send your claim documents to us for us to submit.
- No date has been set for full operation of the new CompEasy system. Clients: Please do not be threatened by demands for confidential claim documents. Send them (and the threats) only to us.
- Some new claims are being registered on the new CompEasy system - if hand-delivered by the injured employee. Clients: Please do not feel threatened by demands for confidential claim documents. Send them and the demands only to us.
- Claim numbers are slowly being issued by the Compensation Fund. Clients: has your MS Power BI IOD dashboard been installed? Please call Johan to install.
- Employers are advised: send your injured employees to the doctor with a completed WCl2 Accident Report, payslip and copy of ID. Clients: please check back with us for up-date developments on changes to COID processes.
- Employers: doctors may not turn away IOD patients. Contact us for advice. Clients: if you haven’t yet, please send us your documents to register on the CC’s new system.